More about our policies
We’d like to explain the benefits of our cover
As specialist driving school insurance brokers, we search a wide range of insurers to get you a tailored policy which fits your needs. As each policy may differ slightly, we are able to offer a more bespoke fit, which will bring your costs down. Our primary focus is on getting you the right cover and protection.
We are constantly reviewing our policies to make sure they work to your advantage.
Driving Instructor insurance is different to standard motor cover for several reasons.
- Your car is effectively your office and workplace and as such, you will need additional types of cover.
- You have paying customers in your car and are running a business from your vehicle.
- Having paying customers in your car, means that you are responsible for their welfare and safety.
- As you are teaching student drivers, there comes a slightly greater risk to the public.
- You spend more time on the road than an average road user, in the same way a courier or lorry driver would, therefore your exposure to the risk of an accident is greater.
At DIA Insurance, we look more specifically at you and your business, such as the hours you work, the geographic area of where you teach, your experience and qualifications before we give you a quote. We offer a policy based on your situation but normally our policies will include the following:
So far we have always hit that target and made sure our instructors have been able to carry on working whilst their own vehicle is recovered and repaired.
When your vehicle is your livelihood, we know exactly how important it is to be behind the wheel and earning a living straight away.
Replacement Car Details
We are one of the only brokers to offer a replacement car for fault cover.
Even if you are at fault for an accident, we will get a replacement car to you within 24 hours for a period of up to 21days.
For when the accident is not your fault, you will have a replacement car until your car is repaired or replaced.
This will allow you to keep your business going should your car not be roadworthy.